Today I read chapter two in the textbook.
The chapter discussed relating the material which you are writing to your audience. I learned that before you write a technical document, or really any document, you must know who you are writing it for, and what the purpose of the communication is. To do this you must identify and analyze your audience, identify and analyze the purpose of the communication, and identify and analyze the context in which you will present the information. The chapter also tells about conducting an audience-purpose interview, and provides ideas for other resources that can help you better understand your audience.
I think I am going to enjoy this class. The book for this class is easy to read and straightforward, and the workload seems manageable, especially compared to some other core classes that I have taken. That said, the only assignment schedule that I have is the one I printed out from http://elearn.albanytech.edu. I am assuming the assignments are the same as from last quarter. Does anyone have a different schedule? If so, please let me know.
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi MIke,
In response to your question
when you click on this class, go to resources tab and click on course syllabus and scroll all the way down untill you see ENG 195 projected schedule fall 08. You should see the list of assignments that are due. Is that what you have?
Post a Comment