Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Week 7

I have been going over chapter 7 in the textbook. It is all about copyright and privacy issues. In today's digital world, it is easier than ever to "rip off" someone else's work or invade their privacy. This chapter covers some of the legal and ethical issues one may have to face in technical writing regarding these things.

I finished the first assignment for this block of work. I interviewed a friend of mine who works at a local hospital in the IT department. Since he was a buddy of mine, we were able to conduct the interview over the usual card game and couple of drinks, which made this assignment a lot better than most. If only all of them could involve such things...

1 comment:

tbwhite1 said...

You did an excellent job. With all of these copyright and privacy policies, one must be careful to have consent before using someone else's material in their web page or any other source they need it for.