Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Week 6

Well, I got my website finished. I ended up using MS Publisher. I contacted Ms. Jackson and asked her if I had to upload it or if I could just turn it in to her. She told me to just send it in as an attachment, which I did. My website was not as nice or as extensive as I would have liked it to be, but at least it's done!

I read chapter 6, which was all about ethics and its role in technical writing. The chapter had some very interesting examples of ethical failures in technical writing such as the Challenger disaster and the Three-mile Island incident. It also talked about legalities versus ethics.

In unrelated news, it's election day, and I have no idea who to vote for. My conscience tells me not to vote for any Democratic or Republican party politician, because the two-party system is obviously not working. It's time to get some new blood in there. Of course, I realize it's not happening this election cycle. But it's time to get the ball rolling!

3 comments:

angelasmith said...

Congrads on your webpage. Thank you for the info. you gave concerning sending the page to Ms.Jackson as an attachment because I was trying to figure out how in the world to publish and upload my webpage!!

tbwhite1 said...

Nice job!! I just sent Ms. Jackson the link to my web page which is http://tbwhite1.homestead.com. If you get a moment check it out. It is nothing very dramatic, has working links, and is simple. Nice work.

janicegriffin said...

Yeah, I feel you on the website deal. I wanted mine to be a lot better than it was, but it took so long to figure the software out in the first place. I guess I was lucky to do as much as I did.